Crystal and Gemstone Properties
Abalone: Embracing the colors of the ocean, the shell displays iridescent colors in its blues, greens, purples and yellows. This unique shell embodies all the aspects of the water element including love, beauty, gentleness, caring, comfort, peacefulness, delight and solace It is soft to the touch from repeated tumbling in the sand and water. Abalone is useful for handling and calming emotional situations and is very soothing to the mind/body. When working through any emotional situation, have abalone nearby as it is believed to be beneficial and promotes cooperation. Abalone is associated with all the Chakra energies. In particular, it seems to work the best on the Solar Plexus Chakra, stimulating that gut feeling. Abalone is especially good for the Heart Chakra, as it gently clears the heart of fear, sorrow and negative emotions. Abalone allows your intuitive resources to stimulate psychic development and intuition through the Third Eye Chakra .
Agates: Agate is said to enhance one’s perceptiveness and to stimulate analytical capacity, and to provide balance between one’s physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual states. Agate is also said to alleviate hostilities and promote goodwill. Agate is believed to help discern truth, accept circumstances, and is a powerful emotional healer. Legend says that Agate improves memory and concentration, increases stamina and encourages honesty.
- Black Agate- This is a stone for grounding and centering the energies of the Root or Base Chakra. Use for self control, grounding, resilience, quiet power, grounding, invisibility, peace and anxiety. Black agate is considered a receiving stones and is used for calming, soothing, inward meditation and reflection.
- Blue Lace Agate– Helps to focus on the inner source of love within you that transforms and heals all wounds. Contains the qualities of flight, air, movement, and grace. Highly inspirational when working with the inner self. Works well with not only the Throat Chakra, but the Heart, Third Eye and Crown Chakra.
- Dragons Vein Agate: Can heighten creative visualization. It strengthens the ability and will to manifest one’s life purpose on the earth plane. Promotes energy and strength, and will help one discover the truth in a matter and to aid in accepting ones fate.
- Fire Agate– Strong connection to the energies of the earth. Excellent stone to use before meditating. Induces a feeling of relaxation. Helps alleviate problems relating to the stomach and endocrine system. Helps you examine and deal with problems in a calm and safe manner. Helps take the edge off difficult experiences. Recommended for dentists, optometrists, and those in the healing profession.
- Moss Agate– Connects one to Nature. Translucent, transparent agate containing inclusions of minerals that look like moss or foliage. Improves ego and self-esteem, emotional balance and strengthens positive personality traits. Allows one to see all the beauty one’s eyes touch.
- Purple Agate– Is the stone of meditation and spiritual transformation. This stone works on the upper Chakra. It assists in allowing trust with your own intuition and opens the spiritual flood gates to a realm of endless possibilities. It gives us the space to “be” our spiritual selves and clears the mind for extraordinary vision and insight. Agate is composed of microscopic crystals of Quartz laid down in colorful bands or ribbons. The appearance of agate is waxy and soft. Almost always translucent and occasionally transparent. Agates are grounding stones. They help obtain a better physical/emotional balance. They work to raise consciousness.
Amazonite: Properties of prosperity, hope, gentleness, friendliness, calms, and soothes. Used for self-expression, artistic creativity and healing. Aids in communication, confidence and leadership. Reduces self-damaging behavior, increases self-respect, grace, self-assuredness with communication. Also can be used to disperse negative energy. Is a stone of Harmony, peace, and empowers us in manifesting our dreams and desires. Helps us in setting appropriate boundaries and to move beyond fear of confrontation or judgment.
Amber: This ancient petrified resin (possibly pine tree) has electromagnetic properties. Rubbing a piece of amber with a cloth, will build up an electric charge that makes it attract small items such as wood shavings, paper and straw. It is excellent at detoxification and protection from radiation, especially x-rays, sun, computers, airport, planes and other people’s energies. Due to its strong connection to nature and the earth, amber is a great stone for grounding our higher energies. Amber can add stability to your life. Helpful in clearing up depression and suicidal thoughts therefore, bringing about a positive mental state. Also useful as a memory aid, this makes it a good stone for studying. Amber is used for past life work, divination and scrying. It aligns mental and emotional bodies via its deep orange and yellow color.
Amethyst: The stone of spirituality and dream recall. Used for contentment and meditation. Provides common sense and flexibility in decisions. Strengthens and enhances psychic abilities, imagery and mind quieting. Wear when sleeping or when awake to reduce anger, impatience, and nightmares. Amethyst is considered a Master Healing stone. Its properties are protection, purification, Divine connection and release addictions. Amethyst also conducts peaceful energy and aids intuition. Amethyst relates to the 6th Chakra, Third Eye; 7th Chakra, Crown; and 8th and beyond, Etheric.
Ammonite: Ammonite is a stone of protection. It provides for insight and it helps to assist one in seeing the “whole picture.” Gives stability to its user. Since it is associated with the Root Chakra, it encourages ones survival instincts and is grounding.
Angelite: This stone is excellent at balancing, polarizing and aligning the physical body with the Aura or ethereal network. It is very calming and its shade of blue refreshes the eyes and spirit. This crystal helps us to be in touch with angels and animal guides, as well as assisting in distant communication with other humans. Most effective on the Throat Chakra, Angelite helps in self expression, communication and allows us to speak our mind, helping us to become more assertive. Its soothing effects on the Throat Chakra works beautifully in calming and soothing anxiety or overactive children. Use this stone to call your Angels for guidance and support. Angelite is often used for psychic connection to oneness with the Universe, the angelic realm and for spiritual guidance. Angelite is utilized for heightened sensory awareness, which also makes it great for Astral travel. Angelite helps us to see paths to surmount challenges. It dispels anger, renews connections with Universal knowledge, and reduces the “upstream struggle” during new endeavors.
Apatite: Apatite is a great stone for encouraging inspiration. It is the stone used for humanitarian efforts and attitudes. It gives us insight into our own humility, our appreciation and desire toward service for mankind as well as, helps us to access information. Apatite allows us to connect between past and future, the conscious and unconscious and the psychic and intuitive centers. Blue apatite is used especially to heal and stimulate the Throat Chakra, the kidney point for self-expression, teaching, healing, and verbally expressing yourself. Purple apatite is used especially to heal and stimulate the Third Eye Chakra for intuition, psychic insight and stimulation of the pineal gland. Yellow apatite is used primarily for the Solar Plexus Chakra for assimilation, creative spark as well as, intuitive awakening. Apatite is famous for deepening meditation.
Aquamarine: This stone has the calming, soothing energy of the sea. This is the stone of courage. Tranquilizing, uplifting, openness, innocence, lightheartedness, creativity, communication, self-awareness, confidence, purpose. Throat, Spleen, Heart Chakra. Used for protection on journeys, especially those who travel on water. Affects etheric and mental levels. Helps stabilize and harmonize unsettled surroundings. Helps reduce fears. Has an affinity with sensitive and mystical people. Increases creativity and sharpens intuition. Excellent stone for meditation. Helps one attune to nature. Quiets the mind and reduces stress. Helps bring about a tolerance toward others. Recommended as a purifier of the throat and helps sore throats. Clears blocked communication and aids the user in verbal expression. This stone allows us to find our individually and be ourselves. It is helpful to those who wear it, in regards to finding love, promoting fidelity and smoothing out differences between others.
Aragonite: Aragonite increases energy, in particular it increases the energy of prayers and magick charms. Metaphysically is it said to boost self-confidence and feelings of self-worth. Also Diminishes anger and relieves stress. Aragonite is professed by mystical lore to be beneficial for chronic fatigue, hair loss. Traditionally Aragonite is a grounding stone, wonderful for deep, peaceful meditation; as it also uplifts emotions. Centering it offers one a clear overview, patience under stress and helps us navigate business/managerial/personal challenges with a clear head and steady hand.
Aventurine: Enables abundance and brings good luck and money, joy, balance and clarity. Universal love, truth and prosperity are traits we can gain by working with Aventurine. This stone helps to stable financial matters, especially when times are tough. Spiritually, Aventurine protects the heart, enhances creativity and working with spirit guides. It has a concentrated ability to dissolve emotional blockage. It’s particularly effective for emotional healing and is especially helpful when worn for this purpose or placed on the heart center during Chakra balancing. It helps to balance the emotions, and is one of the best stones to wear or carry during stressful periods. Aventurine is often referred to as the all-purpose healer. This means not only that it is considered by many to be good for physical disorders, but that it is healing on all levels. It helps us to find solutions to life’s problems.
Azurite: Solid deep blue, blue-purple. A blue copper-based stone found in association with Malachite, which is its cousin. Less common than Malachite but found in abundance in Arizona. Activates brow and throat Chakra more assertive communication and alert, quite, deep access to subconscious and other times/places/lives. Psychicness, creativity, decisiveness, deeper insight, seeing truth, reduces depression, anger, abnormal cell growth. High copper content stimulates thyroid, sinus, skin cleansing, spleen, nervous system, mental and etheric bodies. Referred to as the jewel of wisdom. It is said to increase psychic abilities. Esoteric gem literature states that Azurite can restructure molecules, revitalize the brain, rebuild gray matter, and aid in developing embryonic babies in the womb. The deep blue stone helps you release the past and gracefully anticipate and accept the future simultaneously. Cultivates the ability to reach into the subconscious and examines states of mind. This cleanses the mind and makes one more capable of insight and pure thought. Helps one recognize the resources within themselves. Benefits the spleen, thyroid, bones, and skin. An integral part of many crystal and gemstone-healing layouts. Also enhances meditation.
Bloodstone: The martyr stone aptly named, due to the legend of this stone being at the foot of the cross and stained by the drops of blood from Jesus. Metaphysically, bloodstone is used to either promote a calm, tranquil atmosphere that is grounding or revitalize insufficient energy. A great stone for mental exhaustion. This stone represents both courage and strength and is used for achieving these attributes. It is associated with honesty and integrity and is useful in removing obstacles in life. A classic stone for wealth, it attracts abundance and good luck. Most effective on the Heart (green) and Root (red) Chakra.
Blue Quartz: is a fairly rare stone, found in the US and Brazil. Varies in color from pale blue to lavender or gray. Beneficial effects for the upper torso and related organs. Helps purify the bloodstream and heighten the body’s immunity to disease. Helps you discover or increase your understanding of your spiritual nature. Has a calming effect upon the mind and stimulates hope. A good healing stone for linking heart with Throat and Brow Chakra to expand self expression and creativity, plus refining communication skill to new levels. Eases throat tension. Immune system, thyroid, iodine and B Vitamin use. Some say shining light through Blue Quartz can help reduce need for glasses. Still evolving. Yin.
Boji Stones: Iron-magnetite concretion. Solid round, grey-brown discs with high iron. Grounding, electromagnetic. Balances body’s energy field. Many have found they reduce pain by holding 1 in each hand. Recharges electrically in sun. (Store boji’s apart -magneticness neutralizes each other. Also wearing/holding with tiger’s eye or other stone containing asbestos may bring on ill feeling.) Rough “male” and smooth “female” stones both have + and – charge.
Calcite: This amazing stone symbolizes enlightenment and mental growth. It is an energy amplifier and cleanser of negative or malicious energies. It helps one draw more insight from books or personal experiences by making important information easier to remember. Calcite is strongly recommended for those involved in the healing professions. Calcite releases electrical energy when placed under pressure. It is an energy amplifier. It is used in multi-directional energy distribution, when energy is directed to the center of the crystal, it separates and returns at double it’s intensity. Can clear and activate ALL Chakra. This very spiritual stone is associated to our higher consciousness. It is often used in astral travel as it allows the body and mind to recall information out of body. This stabilizing stone helps with stressful situations. This stone heals according to color very well.
- Clear-Optical Calcite aka Icelandic Spar is used for clearer vision & communication, wellness, general cleansing. Optical calcite allows for clearer vision & communication, wellness, general cleansing. It reminds one of the double meaning of words. Assists one in communication during difficult conversations. Excellent in clearing and cleansing the outer body. This stone helps with cleansing the subtle auric bodies. Calcite clears the mind and helps you find answers, often through meditation. This crystal is used in microscopes as well as other optical instruments.
- Blue– Eases pain (especially back)This stone works well at the Throat Chakra and has been used to help with degenerative issues such as arthritis.
- Green– RelaxationTranquility; soothes spiritual heart; helps us learn from lessons in each situation and new options. Clarifies visions, imagery, astral travel and recall. Helps us replace fears, old ways with healthier ones. Cleans toxins and fumes from body. Needs cleansing if sticky. Green Calcite helps you adjust to the transition from a stagnant or negative situation to a challenging, more fulfilling, and positive one.
- Orange-Uplifting, joy, happiness, humor. This stone works well at the Spleen/Sexual Chakra.
- Honey– is used by people who meditate because the color is linked to the sun and light. Recommended for astral projection. Spine, bones. Detoxification of kidneys, pancreas, spleen. Decalcifying joints.
- Pink – Brings love, patience, gentleness, compassion. Soothes intensity of feelings. Mental and emotional balance. Works wonders on the heart chakra and allows healing to transpire
Carnelian: This stone represents confidence, boldness, initiative, dramatic abilities, assertiveness and outgoingness. Precision, analysis, stimulates appetite, encourages celebration and brings awareness of feelings. It is the stone of passion and sexuality and is associated with the Sacral/Spleen Chakra. This stone helps you feel anchored and comfortable with your surroundings. Provides a connection to the past or to historical events. Carnelian can improve motivation. Helps one achieve greater success in career or personal matters. Helps ground people who meditate. Carnelian is one of the most helpful crystals for healing trauma, stress and emotional wounds that have accumulated in the etheric body or the Aura and are now manifesting as physical symptoms.
Celestite: White, clear and cool blue, celestite gets its name from the sky. It’s gentle nature soothes nerves, reduces stress and quiets the mind. It allows us to find serenity, harmony and easiness. It creates stillness for receiving, therefore allowing us connection to spirit, life overview and creativity. Celestite increases self-expression, artistic creativity and healing. This stone helps the Throat Chakra by allowing for honesty, openness and listening. The celestial blue color helps reduce stress, worry and anxiety. Celestite is an Aura cleanser. It assists in bringing our higher vibrations in order. This is a very spiritual stone, seemingly connected to the divine. It’s peaceful nature emulates its relationship to the angelic world. Use this stone for spiritual development, finding purity of heart and clairvoyant communication. It is a stone associated with dream recall and astral journeys. This stone can be used at the Third Eye to help with these situations. Clusters of celestite can be used for scrying purposes. Place in any room to enhance and increase the vibrational energy. Always work with this stone with the crystalline points facing the heavens.
Chalcedony: A type of Quartz that heads a family which includes Agate, Carnelian, Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, and Onyx. Found in the US, Sri Lanka, USSR, Mexico and Brazil. Gray is most common color but stone are found in shades of white, black, blue, and brown. Helps ease self-doubts, makes one more reflective. Eases bad dreams and problems related to the eye, gall bladder, bones, spleen, blood, and circulatory organs. Cleansing in nature and will promote healing of open sores. It needn’t be cleaned afterward since it has such strong cleansing qualities of its own. Fosters teh maternal instinct and is said to aid lactation.
Chrysocolla: Solid Lt. blue/blue-green. Gentle, soothing, friendly. Excellent for Heart Chakra; flushes and heals heart blocks (loss, hurt, guilt, fear…) for allowing, flexibility, self-forgiveness, peace of heart, patience. Keeps one in light, love, and healing daily. On Throat, expressing feelings, verbal and artistic creativity, thyroid. Also, heart bloodsugar, and emotional balance. High conductivity from copper draws out pain, heat (fevers, inflammations, arthritis…), Excellent therapeutic assistance for healing loss, incest, other traumas. Cleanses auric field. Dreams and Earth healing. A stone found in shades of blue or green. Helps one feel more comfortable speaking the truth. Helps to develop personal confidence..
Chrysoprase: This stone allows greater flexibility, wisdom, generosity, and self-confidence. Heals depression, excess self-focus, emotions/sexual imbalance. Placed on heart, neck, or on brown for meditation. This stone uplifts the Heart Chakra. It soothes the energy of the heart when you are heart heavy. It therefore brings internal peace, harmony and contentment. This stone symbolizes clarity of thought. It soothes the central nervous system and creates calm. It is a stone that leads its user to new and intellectual approaches. When working with Chrysoprase as a healing stone, it must be laid on the body for a long time. Helps one achieve greater personal insight, feel more calm, become less egotistical, and more open to new surroundings and situations. Stimulates creativity and draws out unknown talents. This stone provides balance between the conscious and the unconscious.
Citrine: Mental and emotional clarity, problem solving, memory issues, will power, optimism, confidence and self-discipline. It reduces anxiety, fear and depression. Citrine is one of two crystals which never have to be cleansed of negative energy. An energizing and highly beneficial crystal, citrine absorbs, transmutes, grounds and dissolves negative energy, which makes it a very protective stone. Increases motivation, develops inner calm and security, and makes us less sensitive and more open to constructive criticism. Can dispel negative feelings and help us to accept the flow of events. The grounding abilities of citrine help to alleviate anxiety, Citrine energizes every level of the aura, Citrine is the stone of abundance. It teaches us the lessons of achieving wealth and prosperity. Not just on a monetary level, but in all aspects of our lives.
Copper: This mineral is an excellent energy conductor! Sends and amplifies thoughts, healing energy, and gem electrical energy into wearer’s energy field. Because of this, it encourages the physical/emotional bodies to find alignment. The result is clearer thinking, less aggressive behavior, a more calming persona and a boost to self-esteem. This is a warming stone. Copper helps to release the “excess charge” of resentment and anger. It’s mineral make up encourages the balance between warm sun energy and cool lunar energy. An excellent assistant for increasing your ability to express and accept your true feelings. Copper will balance your personal energy reserve and confidence. Copper is often known as the “love metal” as it helps us open up to love energies and physically helps with sexual imbalances. The healing properties of this stone are particularly enhanced when used in conjunction with other stones such as hematite and tourmaline.
Coral: Coral brings diplomacy and concurrence, quiets emotions, and brings peace to inner self. Facilitates intuition, imagination, visualization, expedite, accelerate the transfer of knowledge. Helps battle mental illnesses. Has a true link with the past and can pass knowledge along.
- Red & Orange. Root Chakra, stimulates energy, warmth and fertility, energizes emotions
- Pink: Heart Chakra, increases sensitivity, caring, compassion.
- White: Helps one manage with stress, especially when stress effects the back. White coral helps with the ability to smell and soothes the nerves.
- Black: Creativity, repels lower energies.
- Blue: Throat Chakra, also used to illuminate the Third Eye Chakra, enhancing psychic awareness and capabilities of the user. Facilitates the improvement/permanence in pursuit of commerce, improves communication abilities, treatment of throat ailments and cleansing of mucous system.
Crystal Quartz: is thought to amplify both body energy and thoughts. It can assist in the creation of power, clarity of thinking, meditation, cleansing, clearing the aura, spiritual development and healing. Clear Quartz is considered the “stone of power”. A dedicated healer. Pure white light passes through it easily, leaving all the colors of the spectrum unaltered and giving substance to the argument that Clear Quartz crystals can help balance all the elements needed to make us whole and fulfilled. Amplify whatever influences are present in an individual or location. Acts as a purifier and tunes into the frequency of each individual. Will unblock specific areas or organs blocked from transmitting or receiving the flow of energy throughout the body. Helpful in guiding our search for the meaning and importance of existence. Aids in meditation. Can be used in conjunction with any other stone or gem for specific physical problems. It will amplify the effects of individual stones and attune the treatment to the energy of an individual person.
Cymophane (Cat’s Eye & Chrysoberyl) is a stone of good fortune and good luck. It is said to bring serenity and happiness, along with optimism and generosity, used to to bring forgiveness, balanced emotions, and self-esteem, enhance creativity and kindness. It is also a stone of protection
Diamond: When considering the use of a Diamond for healing purposes, one must ignore its monetary value and concentrate upon the stone’s unique relationship with energy. It is frequently combined with other gems or crystals. If worn or carried alone, it will amplify the energy of the wearer. Unfortunately, this includes any negative energy the wearer might possess as well. Diamonds are beneficial to the brain and testicles. Some recommend it for diseases of the bladder but only in desperate cases. In all cases, the stone needs to touch the skin in order to increase its effectiveness. Powerfully absorbs and amplifies thoughts/attitudes of user, other gems, and wearer’s strengths and weaknesses: Prosperity, generosity/ vs. miserly; love vs. distrust; overview, spirituality vs. lust, immediate gratification. Used with loving, clear intent; clears blocks, opens Crown Chakra: spiritual love, peace. Clarity, trust, confidence. Cleanse thoroughly (It can hold our other’s previous attitudes, emotions…) Ancients also used for detoxing.
Dumortierite Promotes a positive attitude in all life situations, gives courage, trust, helps to gain control and understanding in our own lives, eases panic and fear, helps addicts cope with addictions by recognizing patterns and helps to erase negativity at the core level. It enhances organizational abilities, self-discipline and orderliness. Enhances all mental abilities. Quickly reduces difficulties of scattered mind and disorganization. It encourages one to see and accept reality. Aids in opening the 3rd eye, excellent for communication with spirit guides and angels, assists you in communicating spiritual concepts to others, gives you a better understanding in unusual or mystical events you experience, Dumortierite is a great stone for healers as an aid in diagnosing health problems. It can illuminate the base issues and true causes of an illness so the healer is better able to treat the individual.
Emerald: Emerald is a symbol of love and good fortune. This stone is used for abundance, growth, peace, harmony, patience, love, fidelity and honesty. It used against negative energy and has been used in many forms of divination. Most effective on the Heart Chakra perhaps because it access desires held deep within. Emerald provides inspiration and helps those in need of balance, healing, and infinite patience. Lifts depression, helps with insomnia, knowingness of the heart and peaceful dreams. Helps the wearer gain physical, emotional, and mental equilibrium. The pale, clear, green Emeralds are valuable in meditative work, as well as healing. It gives wisdom from the mental plane, so that the possessor is motivated to give love and wisdom to others. Do not wear an Emerald constantly. It should only be worn when the wearer feels the need to have it near. They were used to strengthen memory, to aid in eloquence, and to reveal the truth or falsity of a lover’s oaths.
Epidote: Epidote is a stone of increase. Epidote has a tendency to increase anything it touches, whether the thing it touches is energy or a material object. It is a stone that enhances emotional and spiritual growth. It cleanses repressed emotions once and for all. It opens the way for those who have denied spiritual growth, and those drawn to epidote are being rocked forcefully into spiritual awakening. Epidote also clears the emotional body aura. It stimulates perception, participation and interaction as well as personal power. It also dispels criticalness and closed mindedness. Epidote is also said to promote patience. In the physical realm, it is used to stimulate the immune system, aid digestion, support all healing, and stop panic attacks.
Fluorite: Important balancer, healer. Helps to rekindle sexual appetite and heighten intuitive powers. Assists in fighting mental disorder and gaining spiritual awakening. Helps one become more aware of the higher levels of reality and can anchor and free one from over-stimulation on the psychic plane. Fluorite assists with stabilizing chaos, promotes loving detachment, strengthens teeth/bones, and heals many disorders. Its properties also are mental enhancement & clarity, improved decision-making, and clearing energy fields. It corresponds to all chakras.
Garnet: This stone symbolizes faith, love, devotion and trust. Garnet is most famous for balancing our emotional states. Therefore, garnet is one of the best stones for soothing emotional stress and balancing out anger that is held in and not expressed. Therefore, garnet is good for those who have anger issues directed to themselves, NOT for those who spew anger like venom or attack others with their anger (think orange or yellow stones for this condition)! Garnet is a stone of passion. Garnet has been used for protection against the perils of travel. It encourages a strength and therefore, personal power, which increases success, a victorious attitude and sparks the energies of creativity through our kundalini starting at the base of the Root Chakra. Garnet’s emotional connection makes it most effective when placed at the 2nd or Sacral/Spleen Chakra. Known to balance out sexual energy by both increasing libido or decreasing sexual addiction. Garnet is known in Indian mythology for persistence, stamina and energizing the Kundalini fire (our fire of eternal metamorphosis). Garnet is a good stone to have around for emotional drama, traumatic crisis or when you feel backed into a corner with no way out. Garnet will show you the way out. It is the perfect stone for clearing the Emotional Layer of the Aura. Utilize its strong support energy. Anyone dealing with depression, should always carry a piece of garnet with them as it encourages feelings of joy, hope and will power. Its fiery color drives away fatigue and stimulates the imagination.
Granite: The elemental powers of water and earth, a great balancer of water and earth (emotions and practicality). Earth helps water to keep its deep emotions in check. This incredible stone works on both the Base/Root and Sacral/Spleen Chakra as it grounds unstable or unsure emotions. increased protection and abundance, alleviates skepticism, allows for diplomacy, discretion, cooperativeness and negativity. Relationship balancer
Harlequin Quartz (aka Fire Quartz): Harlequin Quartz is a powerful emotional balancer, encouraging self love, self worth and self acceptance; and healing old self punishing wounds. It is a remover of fear based control over life’s events, stimulating the loving energy of the heart to permeate the consciousness. It can be used to connect with one’s spirit guide, and is a useful meditative aide for soul retrieval and inner child healing. Harlequin Quartz can be used to stimulate healing of any disease, as its function is to harmonize the higher vibration energies of the aura, light body or subtle body. It is believed that physical disease is a consequence of disharmony in the energies of the subtle body. It assists in the treatment of reactive depression and smoothes extremes of emotion caused by hormonal imbalance. Harlequin Quartz is useful in the treatment of blood and circulatory disorders. Harlequin Quartz assists treat thyroid and thymus imbalance.
Hematite: This crystal is the most recommended stone for grounding and is associated with the Root Chakra. Hematite condenses scattered feelings, turns fuzziness into mental clarity, enhances concentration, memory, practicality, helps those who study, do bookkeeping, detailed work and helps with sound sleep. Considered the symbol of life energy, hematite allows for more confidence, will power and boldness. Helps us adjust to being physical. A protective stone and helps bolster low self-esteem. Hematite is known to deflect negativity. It restores equilibrium, stability and is also used for astral protection. It brings our awareness back to the body and helps one maintain their sense of self.
Herkimer Diamond: These clear crystals closely resemble Diamonds but are really Quartz. Considered a “Dream stone”, they are used in meditation or under your pillow to enhance visualization, astral travel into the light and dream recall. Most effective on the Brow and Crown Chakra therefore, this stone shifts the brain powerfully into alpha/deep stillness. Amplifies and stores thoughts, energy; and can be used as a bridge to stimulate energy flow up through the Chakra centers, opening the Brow and Crown Chakra for a strong, clear channel for psychic readings and meditation. This stone helps you choose a direction to follow that will offer the path of least resistance. They contain a store of ecological memory that can be utilized by a person who can tune into the energy. Can also guide you in remembering your own past-life experiences.
Howlite: The stone of emotional expression, howlite can be used to facilitate awareness, encourage calm communication by combining reason with patience and observation. Howlite gently absorbs and uplifts stress, tension, anxiety and emotional intensity due to emotional imbalance. Howlite works by helping one to build decency of character. It shows us how to be less selfish, confrontational and less critical. This is a good stone to help eliminate rage and anger. Howlite increases action, dissolves hesitation as it encourages ambition towards one’s goals. Although this stone in white in pure form, Howlite is most effective on the Heart Chakra center, bringing greater gentleness, patience and tact. Howlite has been used in the past for astral traveling and accessing past lives. It has a strong spiritual connection to the past, as it can lead you to a stronger spiritual future. This can be done by placing the stone at the Third Eye Chakra. It therefore makes for a wonderful meditation stone.
Iolite: Clear bluish-lavender. Opens a light pathway from Throat Chakra up through Crown. Truth, simplicity, imagery, peace. Living at higher awareness level. Iolite is considered a very strong “Shaman” stone, and can stimulate visions. Alcohol/addiction detoxificator, sobriety. A newer stone recently more available. Iolite is one of the best stones to use in psychic, healing, and spiritual activities. It can open one to psychic talents and expand them, and is excellent for use on the third eye and crown chakras. It can also enhance curiosity. It is also an excellent stone for meditation and astral travel. It helps one grow spiritually in a peaceful approach. Iolite is also said to help build relationships.
Jade: Jade is considered the health, wealth and longevity stone. used also for courage, wisdom, justice, mercy, emotional balance, stamina, love, fidelity, humility, generosity, peace, harmony. Jade is known as androgynous, therefore it is considered having a gentle, steady pulse of healing energy. Jade is found in different colors and can be used on the appropriate Chakra based on its color. Properties common to all colors of Jade include its ability to mellow one’s existence. Helps one rid themselves of negative thoughts and energy. Very beneficial to the heart in both physical and spiritual senses. It is a very protective stone and will keep its wearer out of harm’s way. Jade bounds us to our earth energies and physical instincts. Jade is a humbling stone.
- Blue– A peaceful and passive energy source. Helps people who meditate to relax and gain an inner serenity. A quiet teacher of patience and slow, steady progress. It is a wonderful stone to give to people who feel restricted or overcome by situations beyond their control.
- Brown: A stone that connects us tot he earth. A good stone to use to help settle matters of the home or to adjust to a new environment.
- Green– Most common. Very calming to the nervous system. The color green is representative of life or growth. Helps one channel passions in a constructive way, making expressions of love easier.
- Purple– In touch with the emotions. Beneficial to people who have been hurt by love or need to discover the gentleness within themselves. Can help one learn restraint and subtlety in matters of emotional importance.
- Red– A passionate and active stone. Caution is advised here: it can have such a stimulating influence that the wearer becomes agitated and feels the need to express anger. It can help you extract those feelings and come to terms with them. Use Red Jade to blow off steam, to release tension.
- White or Cream Jade: Helps one direct their energy to its most advantageous outlet. Helps filter out distraction and allows you to envision the best result of a given situation. Also suggested for the eyes.
- Yellow and Orange Jade: Both are similar enough to be considered together. Both impart the gift of joy and happiness. They teach the interconnectedness of all beings. Help organs that process food and waste in our bodies.
Jasper: This stone is a methodical and meticulous worker of practical, down to earth solutions. It has the ability to foster and nurture and its energy is used for grounding and protection. Considered more effective if it is used for long periods of time because it works slowly. Each color of Jasper has additional, specific qualities when used alone. Jasper is very effective when use on the Root Chakra.
- Brown Jasper (aka Picture Jasper): Helps one find stability and balance. Benefits ailments that result from environmental pollution. Boosts the immune system and assist in extracting pollutants and toxins from the body. Keep in mind that this process takes some time since Jaspers work slowly. Helps one become more ecologically aware. Well suited for use by people who wish to relive past events through regression or analysis.
- Dalmatian- a stone that lessens or removes disillusionment, it will help one see their strengths and weaknesses, as well as encourage grounding both with the earth and reality. Dalmatian jasper not only increases loyalty and beneficial in long term relationships, it also brings a sense of fun to one’s life.
- Fancy- Is used for Respiratory/Heart Chakra work. Especially suited to tempering aspects of your life that have taken on too great an importance. Works as a gentle daily reminder that the whole is only the result of all the parts. Works best on ailments of the upper torso, digestive tract, and the cleansing organs.
- Leopard skin jasper: Aides is service to others. It helps discover and connect one with their given animal totems (or power animals), and makes it easier for one to take responsibility properly, also heightens creative visualization to gain the advantage.
- Mookaite- Helps with decision making, shields against negative or dangerous situations also helps with emotional growth. Helps with kindness to ourselves as well as others. Helps us with decision making when we are having a difficult time. Provides flexibility and openness in our opinions and faithfulness in promises. Promotes energy and new ideas, helping us gain enthusiasm to bring the excellence of ourselves. It can help remove things that may slow our growth. It is an excellent stone of shielding, even during combat, brings well being to our body. Helps with contacting those that have passed on, both human and animals. Helps eliminate distractions and revealing what is concealed.
- Ocean- is produced from only one mine near Marovato, Madagascar. The deposit, being located at the edge of the ocean, can only be seen and collected at low tide. This remote area has no roads so the material must be transported to civilization by boat. Technically considered “Orbicular Jasper” in reference to its colorful orbs, some have adopted the name “Moon Jewel Jasper.” But “Ocean Jasper” seems most fitting, as it was found right along the shore. Orbicular jasper’s distinctive patterns are made up of round or spherical inclusions of contrasting colors floating in solid jasper. The orbs can range in diameter from a millimeter to a centimeter, and frequently show a particularly dramatic concentric banding. How orbicular jasper forms is still a scientific mystery. This stone helps one to accept responsibilities, develop patience and help with circular breathing during meditation. Orbicular Jasper allows for nutritional stabilization, to improve digestion and assist in detoxification and elimination.
- Picasso Jasper –has a strong message, which is to celebrate life. It can easily assist in transformations in the area of relationships. Specifically, it is said to attract like minded people who become loyal and trusted friends, as well it can also help to renew old friendships that have been lost. Use to transform one’s creativity.
- Red- This stone works much like Bloodstone in its link to the circulatory system. Beneficial in battling diseases of the blood and detoxifying blood-rich organs like the liver. It helps bring problems to light before they are a threat. Also used for protection, courage, energy. Help with blood, relieve anemia, stop bleeding, heal rashes and wounds. Red Jasper can be used at the Root Chakra and represents Earth, Physical identity, oriented to self-preservation. Located at the base of the spine, this chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence. The color for the root chakra is red and it is grounded with your power. Red stones are considered projecting stones and are used to destroy disease, strengthen conscious, courage, strength, physical energy, luck, and success. Dense, heavy, and/or opaque.
- Unakite- We often think of the emotions as originating and residing in the heart, and Unakite can soothe Heart Chakra issue, but another place where they live, often imprisoned, is in the solar plexus. As young children, discouraged away from the full expression of our emotions, we learn that shallow breathing helps us not to feel as much. The repression of feeling can become automatic, and life, while perhaps less painful, also has less joy. Unakite can be very helpful in the steady release of feelings long held in. An opaque coral and olive-green stone (two colors associated with the solar plexus), it consists of three minerals: feldspar, epidote, and quartz. When one is supported by deepened self-esteem and self-awareness, it is easier to allow old feelings to arise so that they may be released. Unakite lends another element to self-awareness. In working with this stone people have noticed that they were able to go deeper than the physical symptoms of an illness and understanding the mental and emotional sources for it. It is also believed to help release conditions which have been inhibiting personal growth.
- Yellow: Yellow jasper beneficial to the endocrine glands and the cleansing organs. Makes one feel stronger and in better physical condition. Yellow for stomach, intestines, liver, spleen areas. earthy grounding. Also used for communication, inspiration, protection, visualization, travel, digestion, nervous system, skin problems, breathing disorders. Yellow Jasper can be used at the Solar Plexus Chakra and represents Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power. The color for this chakra is yellow. Yellow is very good for getting in touch with your power and to build confidence. It is your center of will. Yellow stones are considered projecting stones and are used to destroy disease, strengthen conscious, courage, strength, physical energy, luck, and success.
- Zebra: Zebra Jasper encourages us to stop considering failure as an option in life, and to take action towards reaching our dreams and goals. It helps us to escape the perils of over-thinking and promotes the enjoyment of experiencing life as it comes. It also helps to stimulate the transition from the material plane to the astral plane during meditation and centering of the soul. Physically Zebra Jasper is also said to be helpful with stamina, endurance, bone disorders, osteoporosis, teeth, gums, muscle spasms, and heart palpitations.
Jet: Jet is a form of petrified wood similar to coal, though much harder. This stone has absorbing qualities. Helps draw out negative energy. Especially useful for people who have unreasonable fears that limit their lives. Therefore, that is why this black stone, it relates to the Root Chakra, the center that connects us to our earth energy. The Root chakra is connected to survival and our trust in the physical world, and in one’s own body. Recommended for stimulating psychic experience and guiding one in the quest for spiritual enlightenment. If worn, it should be set in silver. Jet has been used as a protective stone in life’s physical journeys. It’s known as a traveler’s amulet, and the wives of sailors often burnt it to protect their husbands while they were at sea. Jet has been known historically, to also protect from scorpions and snake bites, especially when the stone is wore over the heart. Jet has been used to help soothe the pain of both a broken heart due to separation or the loss or death of a relative or loved one. In the past, this protection stone has been used to ward against enemies, evil spirits, witchcraft and harmful magic spells.
Kunzite: Kunzite is a powerful, high level stone. It is used against negative energy and empowers positive and loving thoughts. Most effective on the Heart Chakra , it opens the emotional heart and spiritual heart. It represents unconditional lovingness and compassion. Used for healing abuse/loss/addictions. Helps emotional balance, confidence, connection to higher self and oneness. Kunzite is also used on the Brow and Crown Chakra for the reason that it deepens altered states: psychic readings, healing…being centered emotionally and spiritually. Strengthens healers and teachers.
Kyanite: is considered the “Earth Stone” due to its soothing earth tone colors, as well as its grounding and tranquil nature. The healing benefits depend on the color it comes in. Blue Kyanite is most effective when placed on the Throat Chakra in order to open the throat for communication and self expression. On the Brow (Third Eye) Chakra, it enhances psychic images, foresight, consciousness and meditation. Kyanite is used to answer questions, especially in imagery, such as in vision, dreams or written interpretations. It brings out our natural ability to manifest things into reality via thoughts and visualization. Black Kyanite is best used for grounding and balance at the Root Chakra. This is where it gets its “Mother Earth” reputation.
Labradorite: Labradorite is the symbol of vitality. This metallic iridescent stone brings forth each person’s strengths to share with the world. Helps one find their originality. This stone brings easier, more restful sleep as it has a very calming effect. This also make the stone a great stress reducer. Use as a worry/empowering stone and rub it Watch how beautiful it will sparkle with all the attention. Helps us relate to others. Opens energy flow to the Solar plexus and Brow Chakra and whatever other centers are most in need. This crystal is still evolving along with us. At the Solar plexus Chakra it gives power. At the Brow Chakra it encourage deep insight, psychic ability and focused intuition. Brings great clarity. Use it to stimulate the memory and impulse imagination. Labradorite has an “umbrella effect” when it comes to energy. It is used for deflecting bad energies away from its user, preventing energy leakage and helps by forming a barrier or umbrella around the user, protecting the aura. It protects the user from psychic debris and past life angst that can come up in the mind of its owner. This stone dispels illusions and goes direct to the matters or issues that are brought up during your relationship with the stone. Anyone can benefit from Labradorite, when they are going through change. This assists in easing any transformation, allowing one to engage their higher level of consciousness in the process.
Lapis Lazuli: is told to enhance one’s awareness, insight and intellect. It imparts ancient knowledge and wisdom to its bearer, the knowledge bringing with it peacefulness, objectivity and self acceptance. It expands the intellect, wisdom and leadership qualities as well as helping in legal matters that arise. Shields from psychic attack and removes anxieties. It teaches you to set aside your personality and all its quirks, so that you can clearly see what is actually occurring within another person or a given situation. It will also help in wiping out any part of the past, in this life or others that you are still carrying but need to let go of.
Larimar: A gentle, soft, sky-blue Caribbean healer. Brings tranquility of water/sea and air to heart and mind. Soothes and uplifts hurt, fear, depression, pain of life, changes with love. Self-expression, patience, acceptingness, simplicity, creativity, artwork. With red spots: helps gentle people be assertive. Cools, draws out inflammation, fevers, sunburn heat. Especially helps the creativity and Throat Chakra. (shoulder, thyroid, nose). Pleasantly uplifts the heart and eases stress.
Lepidolite: This is the stone of rebirth. Useful for transitions in life. Helpful in times of stress and coping with stress therefore, creating calm and relaxation. Lepidolite is used to help ease the transition from addiction. Gently eases intensity of our emotional feelings, mood swings, depression, manic-depression, worry, and anxiety. Brings hope, relief, gentleness, self-love, patience, self-forgiveness, unworried sleep, mental/emotional balance, and well-being. This stone is particularly good for students as it is helpful for studying, learning, manifesting, change and awareness. This stone is used for self-criticism, when we become down on ourselves, lepidolite allows us to see for ourselves who we really are and the potential that lies within us. To enjoy the benefits from this stone, meditate with it in your hands on a daily basis. Lepidolite balances Brow Chakra with new spiritual love. It speeds up decision making, stimulating the intellect and encouraging independence and free and clear thinking. Scanning this stone around the Aura will allow you to locate discomfort and disease anywhere in the energy field.
Lodestone: (aka Magnetite, Iron.) Metallic black, natural magnet. Related to (and works like) hematite for grounding, clear thinking, focus (detail work, decisions, etc.). Electromagnetically pulls toxic blocks and pain from energy meridians, pancreas, and lower glands. The Chinese are said to have been aware of some of the effects of magnetism as early as 2600 B.C. They observed that stones similar to magnetite, when freely suspended, had a tendency to assume a nearly north and south direction. Because of the directional quality of these stones, they were later referred to as lodestones or leading stones.
Magnesite: brings a deep peace to meditation and relaxation, enhances visualization when placed on the third eye, brings grounding to the intellect and assist in producing an opening of the crown chakra. It opens the heart chakra and stimulates heartfelt love, including love for the self. Magnesite can be very helpful in the practice of unconditional love in situations where relationships with other people are difficult because of their behavior or addictions. It helps you to feel centered, standing by, allowing the other person to be who they are without requiring them to change or be affected in anyway by their difficulties. Magnesite brings to the surface all forms of self deceit. It brings a calming effect to the emotions, promoting tolerance for emotional stress and can help people who are nervous, fearful and can help them overcome irritability and intolerance.
Malachite: Steady pulsing electromagnetic energy. (High copper content) Malachite and azurite are the same chemical, practically, Copper Carbonate. The only difference is the ordering of the elements in the molecule. On brow: Stimulates physical and psychic vision, concentration. For heart and solar plexus centers: Stomach, liver, kidney stones, lungs, immune system, radiation, MS, circulation. Powerful healer with azurite or chrysocolla for healing: Releases and draws out pain, inflammation, depression, anger; heals blocks. Protects well by powerfully cleaning the auric field, rapidly absorbing undesirable energies, including: computer, TV, and other radiation, etc. Place in the 4 corners of a room to cleanse carpet toxins/gases. Clean very frequently — daily if possible! . Often variegated and is one of the basic ores of Copper. Should be used with extreme care because it can amplify negative qualities. Caution must always be used when wearing it as jewelry. However, Malachite also magnifies the positive, and so it is useful if your mood is definitely on the upswing. It should not be used in healing without careful consideration of who is doing the healing. It is useful for relaxation and neurological disorders as well as tissue regeneration. It is said to awaken healing qualities and useful in fighting mental illnesses. Said to stimulate the optic nerve, help the pancreas, spleen, parathyroid, and help dyslexia. People living near nuclear power plants should keep pieces of Malachite in their homes, since Malachite may expel plutonium. A warning: Malachite in raw form has dust particles that are highly toxic and their ingestion should be avoided.
Marble: Another common and plentiful stone generally found in the US, Italy, and Greece. Comes in shades of white, brown, yellow, red, green, gray, and black. A cleansing stone that is beneficial for the blood, skin, and cleansing systems. This mineral is used to provide both clarity and states of “suspension in both meditation and tantric activities. Provides for strength of self control and mastery of thought. It enhances the powers of serenity. Marble can provide the “good common sense” in matters of the home, heart and one’s constitution. Allows for total recall of dreams as well as, provides protection, stability and structure both in the physical and emotional mind. Used very often in the fields of Naturopathy and Homeopathy for its balancing qualities. Ruin Marble provides the additional power of connecting with intellectual states of mind and knowledge.
Meteorite: Usually solid, dull, mottled, brownish to black. Noniron varieties amplify thoughts/telepathic sending/receiving, greater awareness, some connection to extraterrestrial life. Odd/unusual energy, best used by those drawn to them. Some believe that since Meteorites are in tune with the energies of the cosmos and therefore more capable of raising our energies to a universal level. Others believe that that since they have no connection to Earth, Meteorites can in no way influence our lives. Perhaps a reasonable way to approach this stone is to try and tune into its energy on an intuitive level and decide whether or not it would play a good role in your life. (This is a good rule for all stones or gems of the Earth as well).
Moldavite: Moldavite is a great stone for bringing great change in short periods of time. This stone is used for accessing the higher self working as a catalyst for the inner evolving spirit. It is used to align yourself with the power of the divine. Its divining spiritual nature is believed to come from it extraterrestrial roots. Consider moldavite when you want to bring mental balance, introduce yourself to new experiences and opening your mind. First use this stone over the Heart Chakra, as it will facilitate the pure intentions of the heart and heart center. Bring the stone up to the Brow or Third Eye Chakra when accessing your intuition, psychic insight and stimulation of the pineal gland as it powerfully expands psychic channeling. Finally, use this stone on the Crown Chakra for facilitating altered mind states such as deepening meditation, accessing dreams and assisting in hypnosis. This stone is useful for those who are clairsentience. This form of extra-sensory perception acquires psychic knowledge primarily by means of feeling or touch. Moldavite assists in telepathic access to spiritual laws. It allows for info from higher regions/places to help us and earth to be a healthier and more spiritual person/place. This intense meteorite has been used in helping people incarnating from elsewhere, to be more comfortable here on earth. Note: Moldavite may make some too spacey; be sure to ground yourself after use with a crystal such as hematite. Works well with clear quartz to help understand the information you access from moldavite
Moonstone: Moonstone honors the Goddess in all women. New Beginnings, cycles, balances emotional states. Soothes emotional stress and anxiety, calms over-reactions, protection in travels, lust for life, intuition, promotes your intuitive and empathic nature, encourages lucid dreaming, especially at the time of the full moon. Moonstone is a great stone for meditation and helping with unconditional love. Moonstone encourages creativity, imagination, inspiration and awareness. It also has been used throughout history to bring good luck.
Mother of Pearl: Carries the gentle, peaceful healing energy of the sea. Relaxes, soothes emotions, sensitivity, stress.
Obsidians: Obsidian is actually natural glass that is formed when hot lava is submerged in water. This is a strong grounding stone and is known as “the protector”. It is said to “mirror one’s soul. This stone brings about objectivity, dis-attachment and is grounding. It reduces fantasy and escapism. Absorbs and dissolves anger, criticism, fear, and therefore is protective. This unusual black stone absorbs darkness and converts it to white light energy. It is a warm and friendly stone, which is used at the Root Chakra, encouraging ones survival instincts and is grounding. Black obsidian brings higher Chakra light into lower ones; cleanses and uplifts. Changes fear into flexibility with the advent of change. Obsidian is used in scrying for divination purposes and often found in mirrors and crystal balls. Obsidian is used for transformation.
- Black (aka apache tears)- Represents the tears of Native American women, mourning the death of their warriors driven over the cliffs by the cavalry. Therefore, this “volcanic glass” has been used to comfort in times of grief. This stone allows us to see the true meaning of a situation and can provide us with insight and the understanding to accept it.
- Blue: Stimulates Throat Chakra, communication, helps in astral travel, Tarot reading. Helps keep away negativity and is an extremely protective stone when traveling. Helps with directional knowledge, as well, particularly for sensitive people.
- Snowflake Obsidian: This obsidian stone, which has inclusions of phynocryst, gives it the snowflake pattern on its surface, and allows us to recognize unnecessary patterns in our lives. Promotes self-esteem and confidence. Clairaudience and owning our lower aspects for growth; Healthy balance. Allows us to be more sensitive and aware of the beauty and love that is around us.
- Mahogany Obsidian- Release from inner limitations, heals feelings of unworthiness
- Rainbow Obsidian- brings light and love to one’s life. Allows for the spiritual side in one’s nature to be recognized. Known as the “stone of pleasure”, it can bring enjoyment and gratification to one’s life. It is also used for “gazing” especially in matters of love, relationship and the development of one’s etheric and physical bodies.
- Peacock Obsidian- Shamanic journeying, astral travel, psychic protection
- Gold Sheen Obsidian- Healing abuse of power, activating the higher will, enhanced manifestation
- Green: Heals broken crystals and charges them. Balances Heart Chakra. Assists in energy healing during Reiki. This beautiful stone allows for a connection with nature and the self-realizations of love, tenderness and the significance of nurturing.
Onyx: Balances and grounds. Reduces sex drive. Promotes fidelity. Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Androgynous. Excellent for centering/aligning total person with higher powers. Banish grief, enhance self control, wise decision-making, encourages happiness and good fortune. Can be used to provide a “peek” into the future, helps one to follow the path alone, promotes personal strength, understand the reality of the moment, become the master of one’s own future. Helps with disorders of soft tissue, bone marrow and the feet. Black: Root Chakra. Grounding. Green: Heart Chakra. Yellow: 3rd Seriousness, logic. Blue: 5th Chakra. Found in Italy, US, and in Mexico. The shapes or patterns that Onyx holds inside it have led some to suggest that Onyx has a picture in it that tells a story or carries a lesson. An Onyx will retain memory of the physical occurrences surrounding a person. A strong stone to use in psychometry because it tells the story of the wearer. A strength-giving stone. A good stone for athletes or people under extreme mental and emotional stress. It brings balance to mind or body as well as strength of mind. Good stone for those who are flighty by nature. A strengthening stone that can help you approach a lesson or task with greater self-confidence. Said to be good for the teeth and bones.
Opal: Clarifies by amplifying and mirroring feelings, buried emotions, desires (including love and passion). Less inhibition, more spontaneity. Crown and Brow Chakra. Visualization, imagination, dreams, healing. Easily absorbs, stores emotions and thoughts. Fragile. Fades/cracks in sun, heat, salt, acidic foods. Moisten frequently with water or oil. Some cancel/negate other gems. (backfires if not used for good of all) May change color with high energy/intensity people.
- White: Balances Left and Right. Brain. Opals are extremely sensitive and must be treated with great care. Rarely used in crystal layouts except by someone who wishes to intensify his or her emotional state. They easily diversify and scatter energy. Some literature states frankly that many who wear this stone have a fickle nature. Anytime the wearer feels uncomfortable with an Opal, the stone should be removed.
- Black/Dark Blue: One of the most potent. Although Opal was regarded as a stone of misfortune, black Opal is considered an exceptionally lucky stone. It is said that if you dream of Opals, you will receive great possessions.
- Fire Opals: May stimulate passion, temper, energy. Opals, particularly Fire Opals, are good for business, though they can adversely affect the solar plexus.
Pearl: In tune with emotions, water, and women, especially pregnant women, pearls are a symbol of pure heart and mind; innocence and faith. Because it is from the sea, it has watery and lunar elements, therefore it is used for balancing emotions, especially for water signs. Absorbing by nature, this mineral absorbs thoughts and emotions and because of this, must be used with caution. If you feel excessively negative while wearing a pearl, it will hold that energy until it is cleansed. Remember, Pearl is the result of layer upon layer of substance produced to combat irritation. Pearl can cool and soothe. It is very nurturing. If using pearls in conjunction with other gemstones, consider Diamonds to amplify and purify, or Emeralds to bring negative energy out and disperse it. Recommended for occupations as varied as artists, chiropractors, and farmers. Pearl is a cold and independent mineral, which is used, ironically at the Heart, Solar Plexus and Sacral/Spleen Chakra, to stimulate the heart, liver and emotional issues, digestion, immunity weakness and emotional stress. Pearls are mentally stabilizing, generate beautiful skin and clear toxins. Divers wear pearls for shark protection.
- Black: pearls are used for stability, protection and grounding.
- Gold: pearls are used for prosperity, ethereal connections and aura cleansing.
- Pink: Works especially with the Heart Chakra.
- White and cream: pearls represent purity, spiritual balance and can be used to engage the Crown Chakra,
Peridot: This stone is traditionally used for health, wealth, and protection. Helps understand relationships and other realities. Alleviates depression, anger, fear, jealousy, anxiety. A visionary stone. Helps connect us to our destinies and to an understanding of the purpose of existence. Can help us visualize not only the ultimate peak of physical, but of spiritual continuation as well. However, if you are confused or fearful, Peridot should be used in a limited way. Peridot is a warm and friendly stone. The more green the stone, it is used at the Heart Chakra, to clear a pathway, strengthening the breath of life, and the ideals of prosperity, growth, and openness. The more yellow the stone, it is used on the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Petrified Wood: This “stone” is most noted in helping us to investigate past-life experiences. Makes the user more aware of nature. It is a warm earthy stone, which is used at the Root Chakra, encouraging ones survival instincts and is grounding. Petrified Wood is also believed to energize the Heart Chakra. In mythological times, petrified wood was believed to possess divine power and to this day, stands as a symbol of man’s true connection to the natural world. This stone helps with mental longevity, helping to sooth emotions, generating calm and relieves stress.
Porcelain: Although it isn’t a gemstone, porcelain starts with a pale clay such as china white, which has small, tight grains that are further ground so that they are even. Materials like glass, feldspar, and granite are ground with the clay before water is added to the mixture so that it can be worked. So porcelain would take on a definite Earth Property including properties from granite: [The elemental powers of water and earth, a great balancer of water and earth (emotions and practicality). Earth helps water to keep its deep emotions in check. This incredible stone works on both the Base/Root and Sacral/Spleen Chakra as it grounds unstable or unsure emotions. increased protection and abundance, alleviates skepticism, allows for diplomacy, discretion, cooperativeness and negativity.]
Prehnite: Prehnite is quite a protective stone. It can protect one on all levels, as it strengthens the life force and generally increases energy as well as stimulating it. It aids spirit communication through meditation and visualization, out of body travel and as a powerful dream stone. It is also known as a stone of prophesy which stimulates inner knowing of oneself. It is a very accepting stone, encouraging analytical thinking and helps to dispel unpleasant memories. Helps to teach one to let go of old memories that are painful. Assists you in facing, understanding, and ridding yourself emotional pain. It will help one to recognize the true potential that lies within, your divine self.
Pyrite: One of the most grounding stones in use today. Conducting, Energizing, Increases Wealth. Used for focus, practicality, logic, memory, clearing fuzzy thinking/scatteredness etc. like Hematite. Helps Yellow Chakra: Stomach, intestines, ulcers; sulfur and mineral assimilation, circulation, body acidity imbalances, depression, illusions/lack of clarity about situations/people. Great for grounding spiciness after meditation/psychic readings. Represents Sun’s golden energy. A mineralized crystal that forms in clusters of metallic like cubes. Color varies from a bright gold or brass to shades of copper or green. Found in most of North America as well as in Chile and Peru. “Fool’s Gold”. Beneficial to the respiratory and circulatory systems. Connected to the transfer of oxygen from the lungs to the bloodstream. Helps the skin protect itself from the elements, and also aids the digestive tract, lessening irritation by ingested toxins. The most important gift of Pyrite, though, is its ability to aid mental capacity. Helps to balance creative and intuitive impulses with scientific and practical ones. communication skills can also improve with the help of Pyrite, which eases anxiety and frustration. Strongly suggested for people who tackle large conceptual ideas in business, the arts, or education. Effective in attracting money to its owner.
Rhodochrosite: Gentle and yet probably the most vibrant loving stone to heal the Heart Chakra, especially for giving/receiving love. Rhodochrosite is the “Stone of Love and Balance”. Also for loneliness, loss, heartache, fear, insecurities, inner-child issues, abuse and incest. Helps self-forgiveness, deservingness and trust issues, spiritual and self-love, desire to live and purpose. Best worn 24 hrs. a day. Most effective for opening the hand healing Chakra. It is used in times of transition by providing comfort and support. Helps you alleviate irrational fears and paranoia. Will enhance the dream state.
Rhodonite: Rhodonite is the “Stone of Love”! This stone symbolizes “self realization”. Rhodonite works with the Heart Chakra by soothing the heart center as well as the Root Chakra for grounding and balancing, due to the presence of black oxides in this stone. This balance of colors allows for a powerful and vibration for caring for one’s self. Rhodonite allows for confidence and self worth. Helps us express confidence and lovingness on physical plane in day-to-day ways. Calms and feeds the soul through the heart; love and service. It helps us with confusion and allows us to focus. This stone helps to strengthen mantras, chanting, affirmations, singing and toning.
Rose Quartz: The quintessential stone of love. Emotionally rose quartz brings gentleness, forgiveness, compassion, kindness and tolerance as well as balancing one’s emotions; thus bringing inner peace and harmony. It raises one’s self-esteem and sense of self-worth. It helps balance emotions and heals emotional wounds and traumas, even grief, bringing peace and calm. Rose quartz removes fears, resentments and anger. It can also heal and release childhood traumas, neglect, and lack of love, in part by enhancing inner awareness. It can help with reconciliation with family and others. Eases overwhelming or unreasonable guilt. It is used to promote peace, happiness and fidelity in established relationships. Rose quartz is an excellent calming stone for children.
Ruby: Wealth, Joy, Love, Sexual Energy and Power. Warms, energizes after exhaustion. Strengthens physical and emotional heart (4th chakra), love, courage, confidence, vitality, stamina, strength, leadership, success over challenges. Intensifies all emotions (passion, jealousy, impatience, love…) Attempted use for pressure/control (for love) backfires onto user. Used for reproductive/root Chakra; infections, cholesterol, clots, blood detox (alcohol, caffeine), sexual blocks. A powerful stone whose stimulating energy can bring startling things to light. An amplifier of energy-both positive and negative. Can bring anger or negativity to the surface quickly. Should be used with a knowledge of how to gain from the experience. Otherwise you are likely to be overcome by the passion it stirs up. Can also amplify positive energy. Helps us in all matters of love, including love of ourselves. Stimulates motivation and visualization.
Rutilated/Rutile Quartz: Clear Quartz with metallic, golden rutile, copper, or blue/gray titanium fibers that powerfully electrically conduct and amplify energy/thoughts/programming for healing. Intensifies/deepens altered states. Opens Crown/Brown Chakra for meditation, clairvoyance, telepathy, insight. Some make one too spacey or scattered to wear. (Induces Alpha) Stimulates immunity, strength, blue corona, imagery, dreams. Golden fibers may increase radiation protection and health rejuvenation. Each stone’s energy/qualities are unique. Androgynous. Helpful with Lung disorders. Contains Rutile in needle-like mineral inclusions. One can find Rutilated versions of most of the types of Quartz discussed thus far. It heightens whatever energetic influence the regular Quartz posses and helps direct that boosted energy to problematic areas.
Sapphire: Corundum. Blue, green, pink, purple, clear. Related to Ruby.
- Blue: Communication, insight, intuition, clairaudience, inspiration, spiritual prayer/devotion, peacefulness. Pituitary and Thyroid. Detoxing skin, body. Antidepressant. Cools, contracts, soothes, thus reducing inflammation, fevers, nosebleeds. Hearing problems, TB, burns, etc. Nervous system (& Epilepsy) and meridians. Strongest if next to skin. Especially Throat Chakra. Also: wisdom, will, centering, cheerfulness, luck. Reduces radiation effects, anxiety, procrastination. Some effects subtle.
- Black: more grounding. Protection. May strengthen by posing challenges to overcome. Found in the US, Australia, and India. Lessens tension and aligns the mental, physical, and spiritual planes. Can be an important stone for people with spiritual confusion or depression, those involved in situations out of their control, and anyone with concentration problems. Black Sapphires are the most protective of all Sapphire colors.
- Star: Similar to the Blue Sapphire, differs in that it has an aqueous inclusion in its makeup that creates a refracted five-pointed star on the stone’s surface. This star is a focus point in the gem. Recommended for people who wish to awaken or heighten their psychic abilities. Works as a relaxing agent during times of extreme physical exertion. Healers of the spirit and and body are often drawn to this stone.
Sardonyx: Best known for its effect upon the bones and lungs. Recommends its use for depression and in matters of love. Take care to consider the color combination of the stone. Red stimulates, brown is grounding, black is absorbing, and white is purifying. The colors do not cancel each other out. They do, however, buffer each other and maintain a median balance that allows you to affect change. Recommended for explorers, those engaged in combat, and executives. Suggested for open wounds and conditions of the blood. Can be beneficial to the cleansing organs and in strengthening to the mind.
Selenite: Mental focus, growth, luck, immunity, kundalini. Centuries-old record keepers of events/information. Smooths emotions. May help physical and emotional letting go. Repro; spine and nerve system, emotional and athletic flexibility. Sends healing to the earth. Expands sensitivity, field of awareness.
Serpentine: This stone is an excellent stone for meditation. Relaxes one’s overall nature. Assists one in finding inner peace, as well as clearing the mind to become closer with oneself. Promotes fertility. Associated with Heart and Sacral Chakra. It can be used to clear clouded areas of all the Chakra and especially to assist in opening the Heart Chakra. It is also believed to help activate the kundalini, or ‘serpent fire’ energies. By placing this stone on the Crown Chakra, it initiates the movement of kundalini energy up the spine.
Shell: Stimulates intuition, sensitivity, imagination and adaptability. It helps to enhance mental clarity and provides insight into decision-making. Shell promotes cooperation between the self and others, as well as within the self. It provides cohesive energy for groups. Shell treats hearing disorders and calcium deficiencies. It assists the healing of broken bones and general dysfunctions of the spinal canal and the nervous system. Shell enhances the assimilation of vitamins A and D.
Shiva Lingham: : Lingham is the sacred Sanskrit word for phallus. In Tantra, the shape embodies the masculine energy; dynamic expression and knowledge. The markings or Yoni depicts female energy; wisdom and intuition. The Tantric Shiva Lingham unifies the dualistic female/male world into harmonious balance. This Sacred Stone relates to the Heart Chakra, and represents the harmony and balance of the soul that is maintained within the hearts of all of us. Shiva Lingham stones are used for spiritual detox, allowing us to see the higher knowledge within ourselves. The stone gives us the capacity for hanging on to the beliefs which work the best for us and letting go of those beliefs which no longer serve us. When used during meditation, lingham shows us how to connect with our physical and spiritual energies and therefore, our higher selves.
Silver: This metal is excellent for mental, emotional, and physical releasing and cleansing. Works on mind/emotions to see life’s overview, our emotional balance, and need for patience. Like the moon’s energy, silver has a gentle, cool, smoothing effect. Therefore, it reduces inflammation, fever, nervous system stress. Best with the gentler, cooler-colored gems. Works with pituitary and upper energy centers, therefore, works well on the psychic mind, unconditional love and healing. Generally, it has a cooling Yin energy. Wear this metal when you feel attracted to it. Silver works best as a communicator. It assists in verbal and representational communication. It should be worn only when it feels right. Mental activity is clarified. An increase in your ability to approach intellectual problems. Also known to lessen anxiety over problem-solving. Silver is a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
Smoky Quartz: is a grounding stone. It is used most often to overcome depression, nightmares and stress. Quartz stimulates the natural crystal in body tissues and fluids to resonate at the highest healing frequency. The clearest smoky quartz are the most intense, powerfully opening the Crown Chakra emanating light down to the Root Chakra, therefore, inducing Alpha/deep meditation. Because of this situation, it’s benefits also include channeling higher guidance, deep relaxation and helping with unconditional love. Heightens your understanding of nature and concerns for the environment. Smoky Quartz helps store information well for easier recall. Because it is associated with the Root Chakra, it helps to alleviate fear, anxiety and associated emotional depression. When placed opposite other smokies in a crystal grid these stone vibrate at a high energy level. It is the perfect stone for grounding the Etheric Layer of the Aura. This makes smoky quartz a great stone for detoxing, clears ambivalence and fortifies resolve. For those dealing with body image issues such as feeling too fat, skinny, short, tall, smoky quartz is for you. Of all the grounding stones, it establishes the most gentle and loving connection with the body.
Sodalite: This stone is most recognized for healing, meditation and wisdom. This a good stone for general communication for self and writing. It is used for expressing logic and ideas due to its connection with the Throat Chakra. It is also used at the Brow Chakra due to the fact that it can access fine levels of intuitive information and promote the understanding of these concepts. It is also known to enhance community relationships. Considered a stone that is still evolving, sodalite can strongly affect changes in your attitude about yourself. It helps you be more objective and less critical about ways of dealing with existence. It is a stone associated with studying. This stone should be worn or carried around as a touch stone for a long period of time in order to reap its full benefits.
Staurolite: (Fairy Cross) This mineral is a talisman of good luck! Historically, this stone is said to be formed from the tears of fairies when they were brought the news of the death of Christ. Formed in the shape of a cross, this amazing stone is beautiful and powerful on your alter or meditation space, around your neck or in your pocket. Represents four elements and joining of spirit with earth/matter. Spirituality, compassion, allowing, dis-attachment. Focus centered on the here and now. This stone provides protection and grounding energy and therefore, is most often used at the Root Chakra.
Sugilite: This stone enhances psychic abilities. Gets you in touch with your Spiritual Guides. Protects, absorbs and dissolves anger, hurt, unwanted energies. Sugilite brings spirit/light into the physical body and heart for healing, especially when placed on the Brow Chakra. This stone helps to alleviate depression/despair, stress. This stone brings peace of mind, well being, spiritual love and is considered androgynous. It is one of the purple stones, which help to balance right and left brain function. Used to help anyone “integrate” into the world or new surroundings.
Sunstone: This stone is a kiss of sunshine, crystallized. Honors the God, brings good luck and fortune. Energizes and empowers one’s self. Warms the heart and lifts/rejuvenates the spirit. Sunstone is used for protection, life force, and grounding. Sunstone is a great stone to use with “energy vampires”, or those who drain your energy from you. This includes parents, children, lovers, patients, bosses or anyone who is possessive, aggressive or overbearing. Sunstone breaks these bonds and allows light, separation and clarity from these energies. This stone clears and brightens both the entire Chakra and unbinds the Aura. Sunstone does great justice when placed on our power center or Solar Plexus Chakra. Sunstone is a great stone to relieve stress and overcome fear. This stone is so brilliant that it can bring optimism, happiness and joy to anyone! Use this stone to help bring awareness to your spiritual realm and encourage the priorities of life. This is one of my favorite stones for depression. A good stone to strengthen the psyche as it promotes cheerfulness, good humor and a benevolent temper.
Tanzanite: Rare, Clear, blue-purple-violet Zoisite crystal. (Use clear ones for healing meditation.) Placed on brow, it powerfully opens brow plus Crown centers for clairaudience, visions, spiritual connectedness, protection, manifesting. Helps expand our physical and mental seeing, hearing, hair, skin. It was first discovered in Tanzania, which is how it got its name. This stone stimulates both the Throat chakra and the Third Eye chakra, and bring together all aspects of communication and psychic power. Tanzanite is a “stone of magic” that facilitates spiritual awareness and stimulates insight. It is also said to relieve depression. Tanzanite is known to both dispel and transmute negativity.
Tektite: Tektite is a type of natural glass, chemically and structurally unique, is created from the meteoric impact with the earth. The heat is so intense that both the meteorite and the earth’s surface melt on impact. As this mixture of space material and earth material cool together, this unbelievable crystal is created! Tektite assists one in attaining knowledge, abundance, reasoning and learning lessons throughout the travels of life. Balances the feminine/masculine (Yin/Yang), provides insight, strengthens one’s energy field. Can stimulate thought transmissions. Use this for astral travel, meditation and mental communication, especially with our higher, spiritual self. This stone promotes deep insight into ourselves and helps us to grow spiritually. Tektite is used on all the Chakra points, balancing each area in a different way and bringing about the best from each energy center! As it can strengthen a person’s bio-sheath, it makes an excellent stone for cleansing the Aura.
Tibetan Black Phantom Quartz: Is a powerful stone with purifying energies and the vibration of the “OM”. It can be used for balancing all chakras and meridians. It can also be used for very powerful energy grids and deep spiritual meditation. Excellent for dissolving energy blockages and purifying energies. This makes it superb for protection of the aura or an environment and will also purify the aura or environment. It’s often used in the corners of a room for purifying energies and protecting the space from negative energies. Wearing or carrying this type of quartz will cleanse the aura and protect it from negative influences, as well as helping ground the wearer. Physically, Tibetan “Black” Quartz is used in crystal healing for powerful healing of any type, removal of toxins and other impurities, and moving illness energies out of the body.
Tiger Eye: Most recognized for bringing money, psychic protection, courage, luck confidence, willpower, clear thinking and speaking to show us the personal power in life that we have. Tiger’s Eye works on our mental plane by amplifying thinking and manifesting what you think about. Helps separate thoughts from feelings, more centered, less emotional. Tiger’s Eye allows us to recognize both our talents and our faults. It can reveal your true needs without our self-serving or rigid mental attitudes getting in the way. This stone helps change anxiety, fear and obsessiveness into practicality and logic. Has the grounding energy of the earth, but is embellished with a glowing warmth. A stone for people who need more confidence to accomplish their goals. Draws helpful people and material things to the wearer. Centers energy and mental focus. This stone helps us to find our closest version of perfectionism without obsessive behavior.
- Blue: Deepens meditation. helps us see the truth (self, others, situations) in order to grow. It can help gently attune the Third Eye and will enhance psychic abilities.
- Grey: independence, self-reliance, and acts as a shield from influence. However, gray gives off a negative feeling and can make a person who is around this color frequently, feel lonely and self-critical. Gray takes on many of the characteristics of black and white since it is a combination of the two.
- Green: Helps strengthen the heart and our emotional connections between the Heart Chakra and our mind. This has a strong connection to nature.
- Red: Strengthens your body force/energy, is grounding and is used at the Root Chakra.
Tiger Iron: Strength, stamina, focused will, physical energy and strength, self-healing, grounding
Topaz: The stone of “true love and success in all endeavors”. It can be used to manifest health and correct disorders within the body. They promote understanding, compassion, kindness and empathy. They open and heal the hearts of those who have closed them while also protecting the open-hearted from too much pain. Instrumental in visualizations for healing and attracting in meditation and projection. Helps one to creatively change personal world, enhance awareness, expansiveness and manifestation.
- Golden- The most powerful, electromagnetic of yellow/solar plexus gems. A strong, steady, high level gem for mental clarity, focus, perceptivity, high level concepts, confidence, personal power, stamina. Helps mood swings, insomnia, worries, fears, depression, exhaustion, nervous system stress, stomach anxiety. Also works somewhat with the Crown Chakra. Liver/pancreas detoxification, bloodsugar balance, tissue and backbone strengthener (physically and emotionally). Radiates warmth, sun/light energy, protection. Excellent for water signs, teachers, excess work stress, manifesting, higher-self connection. Brings emotions and thinking into balance.
- Pink and Champagne: Works also especially with the heart for love, spiritual compassion.
- Blue- Alignment with our higher self, creative expression, writing, focus on your path. An empathetic stone. Gives out its warm glow quite readily.
Tourmaline: A powerful, electromagnetic, striated gem. Tourmaline strengthens body, spirit (and meridians), as it transmutes lower frequency thought/energy to a higher frequency of light and brings light/spirit into the physical. Therefore, it can actually balance ALL the Chakra centers. Tourmaline radiates light protection for wearer. This stone clears higher frequencies, effectively as it forms a protective shield all over the body (Aura). Tourmaline is a rod of power. I equate this crystal to that of the spinal column. It makes us stand up for ourselves, promoting confidence, self realization, inspiration, tolerance and compassion. Therefore, it is one of my favorite crystals for alleviating fear. It banishes the victim mentality. Like the spinal column, tourmaline works like a lightning rod of energy from the tip of the coccyx to the apex of the axis, tourmaline affects every aspect of the physical to the emotional. The strength of tourmaline is in its many colors due to its mineral make up. Again like, the spine, tourmaline brings balance. It brings balance to both right and left brain hemispheres, transforming negative thoughts to positive thoughts, finding equilibrium between Yin and Yang and male and female energies. All these traits make this an amazing healing stone.
- Black- The keyword for this crystal is Alignment. As a grounding stone, black tourmaline can be used whenever energy feels scattered and disconnected. It therefore, bring awareness back to a grounded state of mind. Tourmaline does not absorb negative energy. It repels it. It is the best crystal to use against the ill effects of low frequency and high frequency electromagnetic waves (EMF) and protects against smog, radiation, psychic attacks and repels all kinds of negative energy. It grounds energy as it is connected to the Root/Base Chakra. When the tourmaline is rubbed it becomes charged with magnetic electricity. Electromagnetic fields are present everywhere in our environment but are invisible to the human eye. Electric fields can be produced by the local build-up of electric charges in the atmosphere associated with thunderstorms. They are also produced by man-made sources including X-rays, the electricity that comes out of every power socket, various kinds of higher frequency radio waves via TV antennas, computers, microwaves, radio stations or mobile phone base stations. It is suggested to carry this stone when you feel surrounded by negativity. A valuable stone for crises and for periods of extreme stress. Helps you defend against debilitating diseases. Strongly suggested for persons with weakened immune systems.
- Blue: Same basic qualities as Green, Red, or Watermelon Tourmaline. Especially benefits the upper torso, the pulmonary system, and the immune system. Some believe it has a religious nature and that its purpose is to teach spiritual oneness.
- Brown: is said to bring a realization of the God-within. It protects one from the effects of bad karma, and is very gentle for use in grounding. Dravite balances the chakras, cleanses the aura, and brings a warm sense of Earth and peace to the Higher Self. It also is used to treat intestinal tract disorders.
- Clear: Has many of the qualities of the other tourmalines but in a more low-key manner. Beneficial for the immune system and for detoxification of the entire body. Suggested it is for the eyes and for nervous disorders such as epilepsy. This stone opens the Crown Chakra.
- Green: A healing stone that some gem healers consider the strongest of all green stones. This stone attunes to nature. Helps achieve balance in all areas. Extremely beneficial for the nervous system, brain, and immunological system. Stimulates creativity and communication. Helps you recognize and avoid negative energies before they become damaging. Recommended for people who wish to better understand their own spirituality. Business, Success. Taking heart, will to live, life-force, prosperity, compassion. Energizes Central Nervous System (for neuralgia, migraine, burns, etc.) Opens/heals physical and emotional Heart Chakra. Treats lung issues such as asthma, difficulty breathing and allergies. Cleanses meridians and blocks, stimulates new growth, rejuvenates heart, lymph, immune system. Thymus and entire body health. Yang energetic.
- Opalized: Almost the reverse of Cat’s Eye Tourmaline. The inclusion, resulting from water, heightens the effects of the stone. The additional refraction of light helps intensify the healing energy, accelerating its benefits. It is rare. A valuable addition to one’s collection of healing stones. Force field, Protection Stone. Powerfully deflects/shields against unwanted or dark energies, especially for sensitive people. Grounds spiritual/light energy into Root Chakra, for centeredness amid chaos. Neutralizes fears, resentment, neurosis, obsessions, intestinal or spine energy blocks, toxins, constipation. Place at feet, knees, or base of spine for groundedness during/after healing. Radiation protection.
- Pink: Emotional and spiritual love, healing loss, emotional pain, fear, self-gentleness (especially with severe illness like cancer, emphysema). Best in combination with counseling. Self-love, compassion, release of old hurt. Trust.
- Red: Strengthens, grounds/rejuvenates, warms. Unites heart and body for love, courage, passion, energy, stamina, steadiness. High Lithium content (thus pink/red color) brings emotional balance, lovingness, devotion in a down-to-earth way. Balances body’s electrochemistry. Heart and Root Chakra. Helps detach from personal pain. Releases reproductive, blocks; stimulates fertility. Used to strengthen and detox blood and immune system and to ease radiation effects. Yang.
- Watermelon: (Red/pink and green) This complex make up of minerals contains the best colors for treating issues of the heart! Draws Love. Brings together compassion, passion, depth of heart with life-force and grounding Red). Emotional and spiritual love (light pink) expressed in the physical heart (Green) Excels for immune system and life-threatening illnesses. Balances metabolism, endocrine system; harmonizing. Empowers other tourmalines. Yin/yang balance. This stone is believed to work on the muscular skeletal system and therefore is beneficial for degenerative disorders and autoimmune disorders such as lupus, chronic fatigue and multiple sclerosis.
Tourmalinated Quartz-A powerful stone for protection and grounding, this stone is formed of needle-like inclusions of black tourmaline – powerful protection in its own right – imbedded in natural clear quartz – a high energy stone used to increase personal power. This fabulous shield-stone amplifies energy sent towards it. Then, depending on the desired intent of the wearer, this stone can either send that amplified energy back to the sender, much like a mirror spell; or even better, transmute any negativity into positive energy for the wearer. In addition, Tourmalinated quartz aids to balance yin/yang energies and release negative patterns.
Turquoise: Aids in protection and communication on every level, encourages communication between heart and mind as well as expressing your desires and dreams, clear communication, creativity, serenity, spiritual bonding and uplifting through verbal expression. Aids in giving and receiving. Symbolizes our spirit and spiritual love for healing and helping. It is known as the stone which connects heaven and earth. Increases our psychic connection to Great Spirit through intuition and allows for much deeper meditation. Absorbs negativity, brings wisdom and truth, mental and spiritual clarity. It protects one on all journeys, near, far, spiritual or physical travels. It is a great stone for astral travel.
Unakite: We often think of the emotions as originating and residing in the heart, and Unakite can soothe Heart Chakra issue, but another place where they live, often imprisoned, is in the solar plexus. As young children, discouraged away from the full expression of our emotions, we learn that shallow breathing helps us not to feel as much. The repression of feeling can become automatic, and life, while perhaps less painful, also has less joy. Unakite can be very helpful in the steady release of feelings long held in. An opaque coral and olive-green stone (two colors associated with the solar plexus), it consists of three minerals: feldspar, epidote, and quartz. When one is supported by deepened self-esteem and self-awareness, it is easier to allow old feelings to arise so that they may be released. Unakite lends another element to self-awareness. In working with this stone people have noticed that they were able to go deeper than the physical symptoms of an illness and understanding the mental and emotional sources for it. It is also believed to help release conditions which have been inhibiting personal growth.
Zoisite : Green and black, often with red streaks of ruby. For trust in the universe, releasing fears. Strengthens heart, energy/adrenals and reproductive Chakra. General health. This stone can be used to dispel laziness and idleness. It is often used in treating disorders of the middle and upper jaios in Chinese Medicine, considered the heart, spleen, stomach, pancreas and lungs. When Zoisite is shared with ruby in it’s matrix, it shares the same metaphysical properties of both stones. When this stone is found in the colors of the upper Chakra, clear, blue, purple, violet, it is considered the rare stone, Tanzanite.